waypoint notifications

Tomtommers,

Just started playing with and testing my go740, which will be used for work doing deliveries.
I have successfully loaded and navigated itineraries but there seems to be a major flaw. No notification of reaching the waypoint. Not at all good for deliveries. :(
This makes it far too easy to miss the waypoint and continue on to the next waypoint, which could leave me backtracking for kilometeres.

I found this but I dont have this menu option.
http://tomtombusiness-uk.custhelp.c...2LzEvdGltZS8xMzQ3OTQwOTY5L3NpZC9rX2xyUHc2bA==

Is there any hope for my tomtom as a reliable delivery navigator?

I personally use and would recommend TYRE (download it HERE ) to do what you're asking. In the program you can develop your itinerary then designate each waypoint as a destination. TomTom will announce when you arrive. After arrival I believe you would need to manually go through the menu system to "tell" the TomTom to proceed to the next destination.

Works great for me!

Hi alfie67 thanks for the reply.

I already figured that out but why must I settle for a workaround.
I'd really like to hear if my request of a notification of waypoint is possible. Whether by some shred of hope there's a menu I haven't exhausted or it is truly not possible.

I mean, by my calculation it's 7+ menu interactions everytime I have to 'restart' the itenerary. Then I have to wait for the device to calculate the route. What a time waste

Not to mention I don't have the benefit of seeing 'time to destination', or 'distance to destination.'

I can set the tomtom to play a notification every time I get near a dentist, cos, like, I'm always on the lookout for those, along with beauty parlours and mountain peaks :confused:
But not a waypoint I have specifically programmed in for the particular journey. Who on earth would set in a 48 waypoint journey (the max allowable), and not care about knowing if they were going through them?

Looking at the link I posted above we can see that tomtom have the solution for some people, they know its useful, but how can I do it?

Waypoint notification is there on the new "Nav3" TomTom models that use Navcore 10 and above.
It's been requested for older NAV2 software but don't hold your breath (otherwise no-one would buy a new one!)

Ask a Question