Waypoint Alerts on Itineraries

TomTom Model(s)
Via 135. "Lifetime" Europe map. Purchased USA map. Old TT GO 930T as backup and for ITN use!
On my old IPAQ, loaded with some software called Navigator, I could plan itineraries and be alerted each time we were within xx yards of each waypoint.

Unless I'm missing something, (and I have searched here and elsewhere) there seems to be a shortcoming in TomTom and that this cannot be achieved on my 930?

This came to light last year - I'd set up a complex itinerary round Nashville environs to gawk at "homes of the stars". Trouble was, we did not know when we'd arrived at each of the locations so it was all a bit of a waste of time!

Any ideas for my next project which will be an itinerary of LA's "home of the stars" on our next trip to USA!?

Thanks as ever.
John

You could set each location as a poi point in a poi category called, say, Star Homes, set the poi category to show on map and set a warning for the poi to a sound and distance. On the 930, you can even record your own warning, such as "Get the camera ready! :D

Great idea. Thanks!

Ask a Question