Warranty registration

TomTom Model(s)
One XL 340
I have the TT ONE XL 340. How can I register (with my serial #) with TT? Typically, most electronic manufacturers will not honor a warranty if you didn't register. There doesn't seem to be anyway to do it. Unit doesn't even come with the standard warranty card.

Just create an account with all info....including model ....with tt support ..:
TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Products
Then download tt Home ...
From there you can update your tt map "LMG"......and lot of goodies in there ...
Take a look at what to do with new gps in the forum ..."Must read ....before messing up with your new tt"
Have fun.

I have the TT ONE XL 340. How can I register (with my serial #) with TT? Typically, most electronic manufacturers will not honor a warranty if you didn't register. There doesn't seem to be anyway to do it. Unit doesn't even come with the standard warranty card.

With any new unit you will need to call tomtom phone support at 1866-4tomtom and ask for their email address where you can send them a copy of your purchase at some store. This allows tom tom to give you an accurate 30 day latest map guarantee. Then before you do anything make sure you make an explorer backup of your unit. Good luck

tt101: I created the account on their website the day I got my new unit. But no where does it ask for anything such as model number or serial. Since I have connected my unit (several times) to TT Home, should I assume it pulled my S/N and model number? Obviously the software knows which device I have, but I am wondering if it has 'phoned home' to TT to let them know.

Everything else has been perfect with my device. I did an Explorer backup (burned it to a DVD, in case my computer burns out) and updated to the latest map. A lot of reviews I saw on Amazon complained that they couldn't do an update without deleting voices. Not only did I not need to remove the voices, but it was seamless and easy (although it took almost 3 hours.) I even downloaded Homer and changed my startup screen to a nice vacation picture. I've got to say, it's a stellar product, all around.

My next step is to start helping with map corrections. There's a new freeway ramp in my area that is dreadfully different than the map.

Hi Captain.
Everytime you log in to tt home ......Your email will appear on the "Top-right" ..that's how tt support knows what your model is ...
To make sure they have your prove of purchase ...call tt svc ...get Fax # ...then send in the copy of your reciept .....I'd call them back ...a day later to make sure they got it ...

UP-DATE ...:
Just talked to tt support svc .....That i don't have to send in the reciept .....but rather keep it for future use ...
He said " when creating an acc/ with Seri.S.# & email ...they will automatically know it's a new unit and set all new up-dates for it ...through tt-home" ....Which in my case it's truth .

Last edited:
So in other words: if your device is new (mine is) and you properly connected and registered with Home software (which I did, so I could get my map) then they have your info (serial #, model etc.) Sometimes simpler is better, except when you don't know. I just wish my case I ordered off eBay would arrive soon, right now I don't have a case, so I have to try to wrestle it back into the box everyday.

Oopssss....From Ebay .....?
I'm NOT sure about that ...There are some members in this forum have had very HARD time to get the LMG from tt ...because it does not consider "Ebay" is a Legit retairler ...."rather 2nd hand" ...even if it's a brand new one ...." ONE month rule applies for one owner ...i guess.."
I bought mine from Staple and opened tt account 2 months later .....But I got my LMG instantly ...
You might have to call tt svc as soon as you get your device ....
"Remember ...talk nicely ...they might give a break" .....i hope ..
Good luck.

tt101: if you read my comment a little closer, it's the CASE I ordered off eBay. The device was new from store. Sorry for the confusion.

I already got my LMG to work fine. It's the warranty itself I am concerned about (in case the unit breaks.)

So in other words: if your device is new (mine is) and you properly connected and registered with Home software (which I did, so I could get my map) then they have your info (serial #, model etc.)

Ask a Question