Warranty Rant

Serious question here - why is it automatically the company's fault if the warranty runs out, and the device is broken? You know when you buy something, it has a warranty on it. Just because you(general you) pay xxx dollars for something, does not entitle you to a free device once it is out of warranty. These companies are in business to make money, ultimately, and it is not their responsibility to replace something that is clearly outside of a warranty period. I read these forums, and do you honestly think TomTom cares if you go buy a Garmin/Magellan/Navigon? There are just as many dissatisfied customers threatening those companies to go buy a TomTom. I would recommend an atlas, if it is that big a deal. Ok...rant over :)

Glad that helped. I think that sometimes companies do get a bit of negative publicity that they do not deserve. It is rare to find someone with your viewpoint and that is nice to hear. TT has always been very upfront and reasonable with me. I am sure there will be those who disagree but must my opinion.

Ask a Question