Warning when near POI (ie, POI alert)

Discussion in 'System Configuration and Customization' started by DaveInLA, Dec 4, 2007.

1. DaveInLA

DaveInLA

I read this write-up, and it makes sense.
    https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=1805

however, in my ONE LE, after selecting a default (ie, from the factory, not custom) POI to warn, the next screen allows us to choose a alert (ring, bell, buzz) that will play when you are a certain distance from the POI. I'm assuming custom POIs (redlight cameras, speed traps) are the same way. So if TomTom allows usto choose one of their alerts, dose that mean there's no need for *.ogg or *.mp3 files?

DaveInLA, Dec 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. DaveInLA

digital-flex

TomTom Model(s):
    ONE v2
    Yup, you're correct.

I need to update that tutorial as NavCore 7 handles the alerts differently. If you want to have custom alerts, then you can place all the *.ogg files in the folder called Sounds.

You can name the *.ogg file to whatever you want so when you come to the screen showing all the factory alerts, you can scroll down and it will also show the custom ones too.

digital-flex, Dec 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question