Warning sounds

TomTom Model(s)
GO Live 2050 Australia
The warning sounds that come with the 2050 are soft and pathetic compared with the old 720. Where can I find some other options like a siren for speed cameras as an option to get my attention? I have tried a few different files and MP3 certainly do not work. Steve

You can take the sounds from your 720 (if you still have it or a backup of its contents) and install them directly onto your 2050 using "Add Community Content" (from the MyTomTom systray icon down the lower right - you'll see the option with your 2050 connected).

Just take any of the *.wav files you liked from the "sounds" folder on your 720 and upload them to your 2050 using that tool.

My old favorite for speed cams was the "beep5.wav", and I took that one from my 740 and use it on my GO1535.

mp3 sounds certainly DO work... or were you just saying you hadn't found any you liked?

Correction: see below.

Last edited:
@Andy ...
mp3 on a Nav3 for warning sounds? When did that become possible? I've never seen those work on any unit that didn't include an MP3 player, which hasn't been since the last of the venerable Nav2 GO units.

Sorry, didn't engage brain.... I meant .OGG or .WAV formats work.

But I don't really see the problem... It is VERY easy to convert from mp3 audio format to either of the others..

"Audacity" is one freeware sound editor package that will do it in a flash.

Ask a Question