walking mode stuck on

Hey guys, I'm new here so I apologize if this has already been discussed. I was running a quick errand the other day and just quickly took my tomtom off it's holder and put it down on my seat. When I got back into my car, I guess when I moved the GPS somehow turned on a Walking mode and now I can't seem to get it off. When I plan a trip I can choose how I want my route to take me (aka I can choose fastest or shortest or walking) but when I do this simply on a regular trip home or anywhere else I don't get these options and therefore I'm left in walking mode!

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

I would like to not have to "plan a trip" every time I want to actually use my GPS for driving.

Sorry if my question wasn't clear, I tried to describe it the best I could. Let me know if I can help clear anything up.

Try a reset of the unit and if that doesn't work perhaps restore to factory defaults.

In preferences, go to "planning preferences'.

Switch your route from "walking" to "fastest"

Ask a Question