Waiting on my XL340TM

It should be in nexst week. A few qustions. I went to tomtom downloaded the XL340TM manual. But it says it foir the one. Is it thye right manual? Also which software should I use to connect it to my computer.

You use Home 2 as the computer software. You can download the latest version here:
TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems

The model is equivalent to the XL model in Europe (except the NA model has text to speech).

When you get your unit, make sure you do an Explorer, not Home, backup before doing anything else.

And know this: you are entitled to the Latest Map Guarantee within 30 days of first use. Well, the 860 map IS the latest BUT the new 865 map is due in a couple of weeks (from mid February on..).

So, do NOT go for the LMG when you get your unit. Because you only get 'one kick at the can' so to speak.

You'll be made aware here when 865 is released. So, if I were you, I'd wait till day 24 or day 25 of ownership prior to going for the LMG. (if you haven't seen anything here about a new map by then, don't wait till day 30. The TT servers may be acting up [ they tend to do that] and then you'd be completely out of luck).

Last edited:
As this is a 340TM which should come with lifetime Map update, I guess it is OK to get to 860 first and then update the map again when 865 is available, right ??

Ask a Question