Waiting for Valid GPS signal

Just received a Tomtom One for Christmas! Great present - unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Each time I turn it on, it can't find a valid GPS signal. I have reset it numerous times - no luck. Tried different times of the day - day, night - cloudy, rainy and bright sun. I live in a remote area (MA coast) with NO tall buildings or trees. Very frustrated. Looking for advice - before I throw this out the window! Thanks

SAT fix

Please overlook this foolish question.
I had same problem until I stepped outside for 5-10 minutes.

I had the exact same problem until I loaded the TomTom Home software and did the required updates...one of which is the gps position fix. It has worked every time since then.
Craig

ya you need to do the updates, it will install a quick gps fix to aquiring the signal faster. you need to do it every week or so i think

try updating your tomtom with the quick gpsfix.

even with this the first power on with take a few minutes.

just turn it on and walk away.

also after a reset

You will notice that the TomTom is slower to acquire a satellite fix anytime you click the Reset button the bottom of the unit. Even though my TomTom can lock onto satellites while I'm inside at my desk, after doing a reset, I must step outside with the unit for a couple of minutes to help it figure out where in the world it is.

My brother had a similar issue until he updated the TomTom's OS to the latest. It's worked fine since.

waiting for gps signal

I would like to confirm resetting the device does work. I had given up all hope. Make sure you hold the reset button for at least 15 seconds from device being on and charged. Then hold power button for 5 seconds and you should see a very teckie screen to confim loading from factory setting.

Ask a Question