Vote for your most wanted new features here

Need more than 48 (like unllimited) waypoints. Very difficult to use Tripmaster to build a route with current limitations. (TomTom Rider 2)

Last edited:
I would like an altimeter.

Also would like to be able to tap on a poi on the driving screen and have the option to navigate to it.

Only things I would like too see...

Search for road before city like Garmin has. This is almost a requirement. I drive around all day and sometimes address get a little weird. The person will live here but address will be there, they dont understand it either but its the way it is.

ALL devices have larger internal storage to fit unmodified maps. With the price of memory these days I wouldnt see the big deal if all TT devices had ~ 5gb of internal memory. Its silly to make a device as customizable as ours then be limited in what you can do because you dont have so enough storage space...

Faster screen refresh rate. Its redraw rate isnt bad, I cant see it. But TT's refresh in chunks that are to spaced out, to the point it loses all its fluidity. It looks like slide show vs a movie...Either just increase it or increase the hardware specs to support faster refresh.

Replaceable battery pack. Obviously it is replaceable but its not designed too be. Someone that uses their GPS as much as me will only get 8 months to a year out of it before its useless to not have plugged in all the time. Thats not a problem for me but if I want to move it too my personal vehicle I have to wire a charger in my car. Garmin 8xx have removable batteries.....

Those are some things I wouldnt mind paying more for. The GO 930 takes care of the internal memory issue I have. The Garmin 885 takes care of the of the search by street and the removable battery, it also takes care of the internal memory because the largest navteq NA map is 1.1gb which easily fits on its 2gb memory. Both have unimpressive refresh rates...

1. How about allowing the voice from a phone call to come through the audio line out instead of that miserable built in speaker? I use me GO730 on my bike and have it paired with my phone. It shows a call coming but the voice is from the built in instead of the bike speakers. Is ther a fix for that?

All, I updated the votes at the beginning of this thread.

a couple of edits:
- Nailgun: per the ground rules, please re-vote after 6/23
- Larger storage (cynicX) - didn't add, avaialble on 930

I also made a few additional/updated votes:
3 - increase fm modulator strength
2 - Extend TTS pause between multi-word street names.

'Pin-point' and FM Homing Beacons

With mapshare it should be possible to get 'pin-point' acccuracy if users are able to fix the location better by left/right side road designations and if in uncharted areas (mall parking lots) closest to the mark.

FM Homing beacons - small FM transmitters, similar to wireless routers, that give out position and name on an fm freq., that you recieve while driving with traffic capable gps reciever. Useful for promoting fast food menus, coupons, travel attractions, etc,.:D

All of us Nextel and Boost Mobile customers would like to see the ability to enter "s=2" as dial in the wireless data setup so we could use the Plus Services. I'm sure there are quite a few of us.

Easy for me... 1. a compass that I can set to point in direction I'm traveling

2. An altitude reading

Users can submit shared info , why not warnings? For example closed roads, closed bridges, construction, potholes, speed traps .. for us folks still living in the past century without speed cameras, just mobile cops w/ radar guns.

Forgive me I haven't read thru all the posts but I would like a update to my rider2 so I could have breadcrums.
I use my rider on my bike mainly to get me to work on time, I go exploring before work every day I can and sometimes find a cool road or what ever just wish that at the end of the day I could see where I've been route travled or even be able to down load it to my pc would be a great feature.

All, I updated the vote list at the start of this thread.

gpsmunkie - mapshare alreavy allows pinpoint accuracy for reporting a missing road and moving a POI. I'm not certain what else you're looking for.

fc4rt/gpsmunkie/vol_intruder - You did not have a prior post, please post back after 15 days.

I would like to see:

1) Map scale on screen while driving. This is so annoying.
2) Downloadable route breadcrumbs. My wife and I imported all out routes from our Garmin Emap into Topo so we can see all the places we've driven, can't do that with the TomTom.
3) Auto clear of routes after arrival.
4) Auto shutdown must work properly (Go 720)
5) User changable icons for POI and favorites.

I second auto-clear of route. I usually use my GO730 for audiobooks and it's irritating to have to clear the route from an old trip when I know where I'm going.

voting

Great Idea.

Several items are related. Waypoint planning, route selection, etc occurs in several sections and I vote for these. The entire trip planning process needs to be revisited. I tried the TT Route planner (Beta) and it was very poor. One writer provides a link to tyre.com, and I also tested the TT route planner on houghi.org http://www.houghi.org and thought it was great. Don't be misled by the ADULT RESINATION article but find the converter in the left hand column. You use maps.google to plan everything and paste into the converter then store on your pc for transfer to TT.
The only quesy feeling was using an unknown site, pasting something into it and then save it to my computer. So far I had no bombs go of. But since google has one of the best route planners, providing the converter on a sanctioned location (like TT HOME) would be a nice thing to have.

Last edited:
I rate providing TomTom HOME for Linux as a 5. As far as I am concerned, I will never consider buying another TomTom product, either GPS device, maps, or other accessories, until this feature becomes available. I am fed up with Microsoft products and the problems with most Windows-based software, including TomTom HOME, and I will never buy another product that requires Windows, or any computer hardware or software that is not supported on Linux.

Bluetooth support for PAN so traffic will work with phones

Bluetooth support for PAN protocol so TomTom will work with contemporary cell phones,
not just last century's model. This is a 5 for me - I can no longer get traffic info since
upgrading my cell phone.

Bluetooth PAN support so TomTom services will work again ---- 5 !!

My TomTom 920T (T for traffic!!) was bought to navigate through southern California traffic.
Most contemporary cell phones have dropped Bluetooth DUN (dial up networking) in favor
of PAN (personal area networking) which is more reliable and much simpler to set up.

Unfortunately my new cellphone won't work with TomTom because TomTom has not
kept up with the times by including a PAN driver in their software updates.

This is another case of being abandoned by a company which doesn't keep up
with the times. All it would take to fix this is a simple software update.

No, I won't buy a new TomTom to get back the traffic service I paid for.

Yes I feel that TomTom has abandoned a large portion of it's customers by
ignoring this problem.

Ask a Question