Voices on the TomTom iphone app.

Does anyone know how to add celebrity voices on the TomTom iphone app? Normally you need a device code, is this still the case and where do I find it?

Thanks.

IIRC, Mike Alder, one of the mods here, was able to add a voice to his jailbroken phone. But otherwise, you cannot add custom voices to your TT app on the iPhone as far as I know.

Thanks Gatorguy. It's been driving me mad. As much as it's not the answer I wanted to hear, at least it's an answer.

I hope they get this fixed so I can have Mr. T on my iphone.

Thanks again.

Indeed it is possible to run custom voices on the iPhone application, you need a Jailbroken phone to do it and mine wouldn't just display the voices I installed or make them selectable so what I did was rename the dataXX.chk file to match one of the voices already installed and replaced the built in voice file with that one, on starting the application you select the voice you replaced with the cusrom dataXX.chk file and it works fine, I have Liz Whittaker installed to my set up who is Northern UK radio DJ - Mike

Ask a Question