Voice problem - gets cut off

On a recent last trip, I noticed that the purchased voice I had been using for over a year suddenly was not speaking the full direction. Such as "In 400 yards, turn left". It now says "400, turn left". This happens for all distances and turns.

I tried other voices and they are fine. So I deleted that voice file from my SD card thinking it got corrupted somehow and installed it again from my original download. I did a reboot of my TT510 and still the directions are cut off. Does anyone have any ideas?

On a recent last trip, I noticed that the purchased voice I had been using for over a year suddenly was not speaking the full direction. Such as "In 400 yards, turn left". It now says "400, turn left". This happens for all distances and turns.

I tried other voices and they are fine. So I deleted that voice file from my SD card thinking it got corrupted somehow and installed it again from my original download. I did a reboot of my TT510 and still the directions are cut off. Does anyone have any ideas?

I read that some people were having this problem with John Cleese after the release of the v7.161 software. Do you have the latest v7.162? What voice is it?

I read that some people were having this problem with John Cleese after the release of the v7.161 software. Do you have the latest v7.162? What voice is it?

You are correct on both points. I have v7.162 and it is John Cleese that has the problem. But, I take it there is no "fix" for that voice yet.

You are correct on both points. I have v7.162 and it is John Cleese that has the problem. But, I take it there is no "fix" for that voice yet.
I don't remember seeing a fix for it. You could try un-installing it, and then reloading it, I suppose. They offer it now for free through the HOME program

Having the same issue with John Cleese... god he's funniest voice... especially when he tells you to take the ferry... but I can only hear that if I keep hitting "TEST" in the voice selection screen, since I have no ferrys in my area.

Having the same issue with John Cleese... god he's funniest voice... especially when he tells you to take the ferry... but I can only hear that if I keep hitting "TEST" in the voice selection screen, since I have no ferrys in my area.

Read this somewhere and certainly CANNOT confirm the validity of the solution but somebody said he noticed the same problem with the voice when his unit's battery power was not at full load. After charging it up, the voice was problem went away.

Anyway.......if indeed the condition regarding the battery also applies to you, give it a shot. If not? I dunno? :(

same problem

you are not alone. i also now have this problem after upgrading my software, which is really infuriating as it is the only voice i use.:mad:

tom tom one v2, with v7.162

i presume it may have something to do with the fact that the voice can be in metres OR yards and the tom tom doesnt recognise this.

has anyone got a fix for this yet?
tried reinstalling/restoring etc etc

Ask a Question