voice call sound in car speakers

Hello everybody,

I new to this forum and am I looking for the solution of my problem , I hope any one of you could answer it

OK , so I am using the Tomtom Iphone Car kit and tomtom iphone app with my iphone 3gs. I have attached the car kit to my car stero speakers through "AUX" connection. Now running music through phone through car kit al the way to my car speakers is fine and also while driving In the middle I can hear the turn by turn navigation directions from app , if it app is working. but the problem is when I receive a call in between or if nothing is running , I can't hear the sound coming through the car speakers and the other person can't hear me properly too ( when ,car kit is powered ,and phone is mounted on it). I don't want to use the bluetooth headset for my ears to recieve the calls over it.
All I want is when I receive calls
1) other person should be able to hear me .
2) the sound of other person should comes through the car speakers , rather than the cradle's speaker or over the headset.

Is there a software update on car kit I can do , for this or something else

what if I enable the bluetooth and pair it with kit will it then transfers the call to my car speakers when phone is mounted and it is powered ( just got the passcode for pairing will try today this option though)

The audio from the iPhone to the car kit is routed via Bluetooth rather than the dock connector so unless you have it paired nothing sound related will work - Mike

The audio from the iPhone to the car kit is routed via Bluetooth rather than the dock connector so unless you have it paired nothing sound related will work - Mike
Yes that is the case
Bluetooth the iPhone and the car kit.
Connect the aux out of the kit to aux in of the radio.
Play iTunes
In TomTom settings choose if you want music to pause or go soft when directions play
This will give you music from itunes and direction via the car speakers
Phone conversation via car kit not speakers
If you have ford sync then you choose to use sync instead of aux and get phone conversations via radio.

I don't have the ford sync,I only have aux, I tried with bluetooth, it gives me options to get the voice calls thrugh car kit , iphone or iphone speakers, but I want the voice calls be directed to car speakers thru kit and my voice thru kit's mic to other person.
I think this is not supported by the tomtom kit as of now , good feature for wishlist to be add for next release or may be software update to car kit.

I'll be happy if some one can tell me how to access the firmware inside the kit , I can try modifying it for myself according to my custom need, since it's not that hard to route the voice signal from kit's speaker to car speakers thru aux.

I don't have the ford sync,I only have aux, I tried with bluetooth, it gives me options to get the voice calls thrugh car kit , iphone or iphone speakers, but I want the voice calls be directed to car speakers thru kit and my voice thru kit's mic to other person.
I think this is not supported by the tomtom kit as of now , good feature for wishlist to be add for next release or may be software update to car kit.

I'll be happy if some one can tell me how to access the firmware inside the kit , I can try modifying it for myself according to my custom need, since it's not that hard to route the voice signal from kit's speaker to car speakers thru aux.

I'd be very surprised if the aux out plug on the kit was wired up to anything other than the aux out pins on the dock connector. In which case, there isn't really anything you can do without building your own kit with a different circuit board.

Ask a Question