Virgin with NO Postcode finder

TomTom Model(s)
xl2 iq routes edition
Hi Folks
First post on the forums, reason I joined is that I have an XL2 IQ Routes Edition Europe 42 Tom Tom. It used to accept postcodes, but no longer does. I reset teh factory settings, but still no joy.

I read the post from Andy_P ( Super Moderator ) about new postcodes release,d and to download and unzip, so I downloaded the zip, un zipped it to desktop as zip, then copied it into the 3 folders I have showing in my program files, the 3 tom tom folders in prog files are
TomTomDesktopSuite
TonTonHome2
TomTomInternational B.V

I put the zip folder in the Tom Tom Home2 folder only at first, no joy. hence I now put it into all 3 but still no joy.

This thing is useless without a postcode search, its just brings up the town I am goign to ha ha..

Any help appreaciated folks.

Nope. The downloaded 885.zip file gets extracted to a folder called zip (all lower case) in the root OF THE UNIT, not on your computer. Use WinRar to extract the files there.

Hi,

first of all this is the introductions area so you'll probably be a bit in a false subforum area but to change that remains to a moderator.

Concerning your problem:

Which map do you have installed on your device? You'll need the postcode file belonging to your map and the folder with those files needs to be in your root folder on your device.

Regards
Lars.

BINGO, worked a treat. Sorry I was being a dumbo, and putting the ZIP file into the LAPTOP not onto the device itself.... I now have postcode searches back, and I am a happy chappy and wish world peace upon everyone :)

Cheers

Ask a Question