VIFTOOL2 Clarification

That worked :)

Got names for those voices?
The high numbered ones:
162 (but see below)
..could easily be "home made" ones (anyone can assign any number to them they like), but the lower numbers:

...are more likely to be "official" TomTom-supplied ones.
04 is usually UK "Tim"
05 is UK "Jane"
and 162 I have as Irish "Katy"

That worked :)

Got names for those voices?
The high numbered ones:
162 (but see below)
..could easily be "home made" ones (anyone can assign any number to them they like), but the lower numbers:

...are more likely to be "official" TomTom-supplied ones.
04 is usually UK "Tim"
05 is UK "Jane"
and 162 I have as Irish "Katy"

I don't know the voice name of these files as no ID is supplied.
They are in my TT720 voice folder simply as dataxx.chk
I've supplied some of the ogg files with a dataxx_ prefix so you might recognize
the vioce. As a moderator you may/may not need to identify them yet
here they are. Personally I don't need to know

You'll see a folder 'Mediafire' or the files themselves click on that and download the .ogg's
http://www.mediafire.com/?oz9tbpb5y6pe5
Tick the box on the left of the files to select the ogg's you want then the download arrow on the right of the screen.
I goota get me a zip program.

I don't know the voice name of these files as no ID is supplied.
The name should be in plain text in the original .vif file
Or... once they are installed on the TomTom, what do they show up as on the "Switch voice" screen?

I've supplied some of the ogg files with a dataxx_ prefix so you might recognize
the vioce.
I doubt it, but I'll try! :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1zuj0v5n355t3or
You'll see a folder 'Mediafire', click on that and download the .ogg's

All I got from that link was one file "data04_RbRight.ogg" but I certainly recognised that one!
As I mentioned above, it's my all-time favourite voice "Tim" who lives on all my TomToms when available.
Going back to your .pdf list, that's one of your voices where all 59 files are present and correct.

But....
Looking at that .pdf again reminded me that you said that #05 (which is normally UK Jane) was missing one of the files ("then.ogg").
I have Jane on all my tomToms and I'm sure she says "then" all the time!

So I tried using viftool1 on one of my data05,chk files and I can report you've done nothing wrong!
My conversion only produces 58 discrete ogg files too.

I noticed in the dos window, about 9/10s of the way down in the conversion list, it throws up an error:
54 @ 00098940 : 01 04 065a 10000000 01000308 00 : 6490 = 0x195a : blocks: 6504 space: 6491
!!! space is not a multiple of 4
!!! blocks is bigger than space
!!! blocks should be space-4
So that looks like where the problem occurs, but I've no idea why.

Don't put yourself out to supply more ogg files, I was only curious to see where they might have come from.

I goota get me a zip program.

No need if you are running Windows...

To unzip a file, just right click on it and select "Extract all".

And to make a zip file, put all the files you want to archive into a folder (name the folder whatever you like), then right click on that folder and select "Send to....Compressed (zipped) folder"

Ask a Question