view route between two waypoints

Discussion in 'System Configuration and Customization' started by VitalyKi, Aug 21, 2007.

1. VitalyKi

VitalyKi

Hi
    TomTom ONE v2 Travel: When I need to check a chunk of itinerary between two waypoints say C and D I begin with `set current position' to C then command `Navigate to' D, then go to View Route - perfect. However, whenever I set current position to C or something, the navigator immediately starts planning my route from Home to this C, so if C is way off from my home, it replans hundreds and hundreds of miles accross the seas each time I do it with this same point, and it may take quite some time. Is it possible to stop it (like pressing ESC on a computer) or perhaps change some setting to prevent it?
    Thanks

VitalyKi, Aug 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. VitalyKi

digital-flex

TomTom Model(s):
    ONE v2
    When it's calculating the route, there is a cancel button in that screen.

Have you tried using Advanced Planning function? It allows for choosing two points anywhere and you would be able to view the route as well.

digital-flex, Aug 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. VitalyKi

VitalyKi

I do not see any cancel button on that screen - do you know why? where precisely should I look for it?
    But advanced planning works fine, thanks for the suggestion.

VitalyKi, Aug 21, 2007
  4. VitalyKi

digital-flex

TomTom Model(s):
    ONE v2
    I don't know if we are talking about the same screen because the cancel button is on the bottom right corner. The cancel button appears as long as the route is being calculated.

This is the screen where the TT calculates the route:

[​IMG]

digital-flex, Aug 21, 2007
  5. VitalyKi

VitalyKi

I understand the problem now: I see "Set current location" only when I operate the TomTom One on the PC through TomTomHome v. 2; and when I change the location and see the device calculating, there is NO Cancel button. However, there is a Cancel button when using Advanced Planning. How do I find the "Set current location" option on a TomTom NOT connected with PC? Sorry for putting it in words - how do you produce the beautiful tomtom interface picture?

VitalyKi, Aug 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question