View POI flags?

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 1534TM
I am a first time user of a navigator, and really am enjoying all the features of my GoLive1535TM. But this weekend I had the show POI on a map activated for restaurants. As I was driving through a town -- not the destination -- and there were a number of restaurant flags shown, but I could not figure out how to show the name of the restaurant.

It probably can't be done, but is there anyway to have the TomTom show the name of the restaurant on the fly or along a route? If you are on a day trip to a destination, but would like to stop for lunch in a strange town, it would be nice to see selection along a route through town -- to separate the fast food hamburger place from the local Mexican place from the Cracker Barrel with having to drive the length of the town and having to turn back to the best choice.

Thanks for helping,
Ptlycldy

You would likely need a custom poi category for a specific type of restaurant or fast food type installed. TomTom built in poi files for Restaurants don't have sub categories

Yup, dhn has hit the nail on the head.
There's no way to get a TomTom to show the name of any POIs on the normal driving view (although if you switch to the "View map" vie, you can tap on them one at a time to get the name).

but if you install some third-party POI files for your favourite restaurants, then you'll be able to have custom icons with the brand name or logo on screen instead.

Ask a Question