Via280 andXXL - how do I register both?

TomTom Model(s)
Via 280 and xxl
I wish to register my via 280 and my xxl, but can only register one. Surely in this day and age two can be registered together!!!

Not under the same email address, no. Your individual accounts are kept separate by email address. I've often wondered why they don't use the unit serial number (TomTom Home and MyTomTom both know the serial number), but they started with email in the beginning, and stick with it.

So use an alternate email, or if you have one that has no subscription services (maps, cameras, whatever), just make up an email address for that one.

To emphasise what canderson is saying, the account name only has to be in the form of an email address. (e-mail address removed) would do (but someone's probably already used that one!).

Obviously, if you want to get marketing stuff from TomTom or information about your subscriptions, it's worth using a real one, but even if you have subscription services, it's not strictly necessary.

@Andy
Depends upon the user and what they might do. For example, if you buy a voice from TomTom, the result of the transaction comes via email so that you can download the voice. So made-up addresses, while OK for most, aren't for everyone.

True...

I've never bought a voice!

Back to the OP... Most ISPs allow you to have multiple email addresses (think I get about 10 on mine) so I just have an account name for each unit I own using an email address based on the TomTom model name (like "[email protected]").
I don't think I've ever looked at the incoming emails though.

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadmanxJim

Latest Threads

Back