VIA series have map scaling?

Is there a way to access the desktop cache besides the MyTomTom tray icon? I'm thinking that is part of my issue here as I can't clean out the cache apparently.

In the desktop icon, settings, when you have the clear cache option, it shows (not very well) the location on your computer.

You can go there using Explorer.

And if you can't get to the settings menu... here's the location of mine (on an XP machine)
C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Local Settings\Application Data\TomTom\HOME3\cache

I don't THINK I've moved it from the default location.

Took a look for a TomTom cache via Explorer but none appear. Despite that my GO2535TM connects every time to MyTomTom when it's hooked up to the PC and turned on. Always looks for updates and reports back on status of same. At least the unit works and does updates which is the important thing, Perhaps in a month or so I'll try again to find the cache or access the menu for the 'Add community content' option since it looks like there is nothing else I can do/try at this time. Thanks to Andy and dhn for trying to assist me with this issue!

You'll need to be sure that system folders are made visible in order to follow the path that Andy supplied. The "Local Settings" folder is not normally visible. The path he supplied is correct and normal. Are you confident you would see otherwise hidden system folders? If not, let us know what OS you are running and we'll change that setting.

As I thought my Win7 settings already are enabled to show hidden folders so I'm still stuck here far as seeing the TT cache folder it appears.

Cache location

I'm running Windows 7 Home 64-bit. LMK what I need to do to check for hidden folders.
FWIW, on my Windows 7 machine the cache is located at:

C:/Desktop/Tom/Appdata/Local/TomTom/HOME3/cache

I assume that your cache would also be in the same place with the exception - of course - that the "Tom" ahead of "Appdata" would be your own user name.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Only places on my PC I have TOMTom folders are:

C:/Program Files (x86)/TomTom DesktopSuite (which is empty)

C:/Program Files (x86)/TomTom HOME/Resources/Devices/XABCD.jar

C:/Program Files (x86)/TomTom International B.V./Visual Studio C++ 10.0 Runtime/TomTom.ico

Sorry for beating a dead horse here but there is NO TomTom cache folder anyplace that I can see on my PC.

New update - without my doing anything now the elusive menu shows up on it's own when I boot up my PC. This started yesterday. However when I click on the menu it vanishes. Clicking on the tray MyTT icon does nothing to bring it back. Not sure if this is progress but seems like a step in the right direction at least...

I'm not clear about your 'progress'. Click once on the 'red hands' icon. Then without clicking on anything, run your mouse up and down the list of items. Do they each highlight blue as you mouse across them?

Another update here - booted up the PC with the 2535 on and it directed me to the TT Support update which I did. After that got the green menu at the lower right corner of my PC screen which includes the working link to the "Add Community Content" option - YES!

Far as my TT hands icon in the tray goes here is what happens:

Left click - does not respond

Right click - shows 'MyTomTom' and 'Unpin this program from taskbar' options which highlight in blue if I move my cursor across them. However I can't get the green menu to show up again so looks like I can only get to "Add Community Content" when I start up my PC and not after that.

At least it's forward progress here for me - better off than I was a few days ago at least! :)

Ask a Question