Via 280 or Via 135 help please!

TomTom Model(s)
Via 280
Hi guys - new to the forum. Have had a look around and there's some great help floating around.

I've had a One XL for many years, but unfortunately it died and I've upgraded to a Via 280 (Aus) or a Via 135 as I understand it's known elsewhere.

Few questions:

* Is it possible to customise the Start Up and Shut Down image?

* I notice that this device doesn't connect to the TomTomHome that I used on the One XL. Does anyone know if TomTom plan to include the 280 (135) into this?

Thanks!

Yes, you can customize both startup and shutdown. Have to start from your last question and work back, though.

Your new unit does not use TomTom Home, nor do you have direct access to the file system as was the case on your ONE. Get the correct new software at the following link, and DO use a new email address (doesn't even have to be real) to register your new unit so the server isn't confused about what's being connected: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/

Once you have the MyTomTom software loaded and running, go to the lower right corner of your screen (the systray area) and find the TomTom icon there. Click that, and select the "Add community content" option. From there, you will be able to load images. The image will need to be 480x272. Save it as a 24 bit *.bmp image, and use "Add community content" to copy the image to your Via. Then you can go into "Settings" on the unit, and ask to change startup and shutdown images, and a thumbnail of the images you had previously uploaded will appear as some of your options.

For info, the older NAV2 models could only cope with startup and shutdown images that were .bmp format and fixed size.

But the NAV3 models such as the VIAs can accept any size of image from 1 x 1 to 1280 x 1024 pixels and in ,bnp or .jpg format.

Ask a Question