Via 1605 - No voice navigation (+Traffic frequencies?)

TomTom Model(s)
Via 1605
I just got this and suddenly, she's not reading the directions of when to turn, why is this? I have the volume at 85 percent.

Also, how do you find out what stations in the area are broadcasting traffic?

-Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealing with the first problem first, there are two separate configuration items that you need to have selected. One is to have the spoken directions enabled (Settings / Turn On Voice guidance) and the second is to have the sound itself enabled (volume control, far left side, mute button without / in it). Only when both are selected will you get any spoken directional information.

As for RDS traffic, you're out in the boonies just a bit, with Pensacola as your closest possible source. TotalTraffic is handled on Clear Channel FM stations, and I don't know if you can pick any of those up that broadcast RDS where you are. Here's the list of serviced areas >> http://totaltraffic.com/CoverageAreas/

Ohh, it's got a radio signal, not sure where, did that and we'll see if she reads the traffic because it was on.

Thanks, Rob

Ask a Question