Via 1605 - No voice navigation (+Traffic frequencies?)

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by RobL, Jan 11, 2013.

1. RobL

RobL

TomTom Model(s):
    Via 1605
    I just got this and suddenly, she's not reading the directions of when to turn, why is this? I have the volume at 85 percent.

Also, how do you find out what stations in the area are broadcasting traffic?

-Rob

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    RobL, Jan 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. RobL

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    Dealing with the first problem first, there are two separate configuration items that you need to have selected. One is to have the spoken directions enabled (Settings / Turn On Voice guidance) and the second is to have the sound itself enabled (volume control, far left side, mute button without / in it). Only when both are selected will you get any spoken directional information.

As for RDS traffic, you're out in the boonies just a bit, with Pensacola as your closest possible source. TotalTraffic is handled on Clear Channel FM stations, and I don't know if you can pick any of those up that broadcast RDS where you are. Here's the list of serviced areas >> http://totaltraffic.com/CoverageAreas/

canderson, Jan 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. RobL

RobL

TomTom Model(s):
    Via 1605
    Ohh, it's got a radio signal, not sure where, did that and we'll see if she reads the traffic because it was on.

Thanks, Rob

RobL, Jan 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question