VIA 1535 problems

D

Dardiana

Just came off the phone with tomtom.
After having problems connecting my tomtom to my pc, trying different pc's, versions of windows, ... nothing would work.
Even the tomtom support people couldn't get them to work.
They offered an exchange.

Upon asking a bit, it seems that they have quite a lot of calls coming in about this model, but just not enough to say there is a problem with the series.

Will see when the replacement arrives, to see if that one behaves a bit better...

Can you give us more detail on the specific problems you're experiencing (eg: and specific error message if you can)?

When I connect the device to the pc, everthing get's picked up correctly, the mytomtom software connects to the internet, finds an update, an when it starts downloading, both on the device and the mytomtom software, jumps straight to 100% and says to contact tomtom technical support.

This on 3 different pc's
Win7 64 bit
Win 7 32 bit
Win XP

firewall on/off
AV-software on/off

xp mode, ...

tried everything I can think off

Did you try resetting the unit by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum rolls and then clear the cache in myTomTom icon?

are you using Mozilla? I know tomtom was having problems running their applications in TomTom Home with Mozilla, I was advised to register mytomtom using internet explorer and to do all downloads from mytomtom using internet explorer.

Have you downloaded the plugin when you opened your mytomtom account?

On my main pc my browser is google chrome.
but I switched my default back to IE just to test, and on second pc, IE is the default.
So don't think it's a browser problem.

Unless they also have a problem with IE9 which installed itself on all my pc's through windows update

when you log into your account, if you go to the green mytomtom icon and click on it you'll see "get started" click on that and it will ask you to down load the mytomtom support application. Have you done that?

are you using Mozilla? I know tomtom was having problems running their applications in TomTom Home with Mozilla,

Never heard of that....
Considering that TT Home and MyTT are both based on Mozilla, it seems unlikely.

I've always used Firefox for TT updates and (although I've had my share of download problems) it's never been down to the browser.

Never heard of that....
Considering that TT Home and MyTT are both based on Mozilla, it seems unlikely.

I've always used Firefox for TT updates and (although I've had my share of download problems) it's never been down to the browser.

that's what i was told by TomTom customer service

When I connect the device to the pc, everthing get's picked up correctly, the mytomtom software connects to the internet, finds an update, an when it starts downloading, both on the device and the mytomtom software, jumps straight to 100% and says to contact tomtom technical support.

When the countdown is occurring on the MyTomtom app and the device, that means the updates have already been downloaded, and are failing in the transfer from your computer to the Tomtom.

If you did a device reboot, and a clear cache on the MyTomtom app, there isn't much more you can do. There's a good chance the device is corrupted, hopefully your warranty swap does a better job.

Ask a Question