Via 1525 - Network Status Not Connected

Tha't's exactly the one I have, same model # also. It has a small more squarish piece in place of the oval egg shape like my old one.

TT_Antenna02.jpg

OK. I peeked at your IP address to see where you were. Not sure that you are in 'prime' territory for the RDS-TMC traffic, but it's worth it to try checking to see what it picks up.
That said, there's traffic service, and there's traffic service. What we call "Live" traffic (the 'other' system) is far more comprehensive, even covering small side streets when there are issues.

Its not getting any traffic after putting the app on the wife's smart phone.
I'm done with this crap.
Gonna try to contact TomTom tomorrow, if they can't straighten this mess out then I will request a "partial refund."
Hoping to just get a refund as this is just to complicated and time consuming.
I've already got a Garmin unit picked out for less money that gets traffic right out of the box without the headaches supposedly.

I'll let you guys know what happens, thanks for all the input.

Well after talking with someone at TomTom and trying a few other things, still not getting traffic.
He also said it DOES NOT need to be paired up with a smartphone.
I am sending it back for a refund and have already bought a Garmin to replace it.
Of course I will have to pay a restocking fee and the shipping. I don't know why they would restock it and disappoint someone else. I should get a full refund since it was not working as described. This whole thing has been a terrible experience and I will never buy another TomTom again or recommend them to anyone. :mad::(

Thanks for your help guys and good luck with your TomToms

Last edited:
I am curious about your purchase. Did you buy it from TomTom directly or from a store.
I cannot believe that TomTom would sell ancient products like that one.

Don't be confused by the similarity to an old Nav3 model number, Arno. That's a Nav4 unit, currently being sold. Came out about a year ago.

Thanks for all this info on the 1525. I thought I had a 1525TM, turns out it's only a 1525M. I got the TMS cable from my old gps and when I plug it in to the 1525M says RDS connected, will I now get some kind of traffic on it. I hate to have to buy a new gps since the 1525M works fine for my limited out of town travel.

I thought RDS/TMC traffic was shut down a few years ago in the States.
Short of Googgling for it you'll have to wait until canderson will have seen your post.

I think I got my answer. I tried it yesterday and it never showed any traffic info or a road closure. Since it's not a TM model pretty sure I'm out of luck.
As much as I hate it going to learn google maps, it's on my phone and I can use Android Auto to show it on the screen in my car.

I think I got my answer. I tried it yesterday and it never showed any traffic info or a road closure. Since it's not a TM model pretty sure I'm out of luck.
As much as I hate it going to learn google maps, it's on my phone and I can use Android Auto to show it on the screen in my car.
You do know that there's a couple of TomTom phone apps as well, the first of which works with Android Auto, yes?

Worth a look.

Thanks for the suggestion but I might just pop for a new GPS. I don't want another place keeping my personal information especially if I can't delete it. Since I can't seem to get the John Cleeve voice I bought on the 1525 (and probably not on any new TT) it may be a Garmin.

Ask a Question