Via 1435, GPS stopped working?

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1435
I am using Tomtom Via 1435 and all of sudden my GPS has stopped working. It is only showing the last destination. Map is not moving after that. I think GPS is not getting the signal. Please help me with the solution.
I have already tried connecting it with tomtom site, all updates, switching off for reset option also. but still it is not working.

:blabla:
I am using Tomtom Via 1435 and all of sudden my GPS has stopped working. It is only showing the last destination. Map is not moving after that. I think GPS is not getting the signal. Please help me with the solution.
I have already tried connecting it with tomtom site, all updates, switching off for reset option also. but still it is not working.
Thank you:blabla:

Sorry you had no reply up to now, but you had posted in a rather strange place in the articles section. We are also rather short of our regular posters at the moment.

I''ve moved your posts here, where they should get seen better (and PMed you with the new location).

I assume by "switching off for reset option" you mean you have held the power button down for ~20 seconds until you hear the drum roll sound?
If you take the Via outside with a clear view of the sky and leave it without moving it for at least 20 minutes, what do you see on the Settings/GPS Status screen? Any gold stars in the blue circle?

Last edited:
Have you tried to service reset, not the drum reset? Hold the power button in until you get to the data screen - a page of white type on a black background which displays a lot of technical info about your unit. Once you get to that screen, press and release the power button three times quickly. If you have done the sequence correctly, the unit should boot to a screen with a turning gear and a prompt to connect by usb cable to MyTomTom. Once you get this download completed, do the drum reset and take it outside for a solid sat lock. It could take 5-10-15 minutes. If that doesn't work, I can't help further. You are not alone in having problems with a Via unit.

I was waiting to see if the simple fix worked for the OP first, before suggesting the emergency recovery mode (what you call the "service reset").

Ask a Question