via 135

TomTom Model(s)
via135
Hi has any body worked out how to download POI s. Just purchased via to update my old Go. What a pile of Pooooooooooooooo. No updates available for this model. PLEASE do not buy this item YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY. Wasted £150.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That model uses MyTomTom, not Home 2. Get it at tomtom.com/getstarted.

And what updates do you think it doesn't have? You can get updated applications and maps when available.

You can add pois to the unit as well.

Be specific about your supposed problems please.

I recently updated from a ONE XL to the VIA135. It wasn't immediately obvious how to set it up. You have to go to tomtom.com/ getstarted and download MyTomTom. That gives you an icon in the system tray, not intuative, I looked for an icon in the start menu or on the desktop. Click that and you get a popup with options on it:
MyTomTom - opens your browser and connects to TomTom web site and if yor VIA is connected checks for updates.
Add Community content - that opens a page giving you the option of uploading POI's and other stuff to you sat nav.

There is no way of opening the memory of the VIA with explorer, so I haven't found a way of backing it up.
It's not a waste of money, but it could be more transparent and less confusing for the beginner.

There is no way of opening the memory of the VIA with explorer, so I haven't found a way of backing it up.
True enough. All you can back up are the things you add to it using the MyTomTom procedure that you described above, plus one. On these units, your favorites can be pulled off as a *.ov2 POI file. That's the one improvement over the old versions.

Ask a Question