Version: 22.100.0004 - and Crash/Rebooting Issues

i just replied Support

Dear support,
it's rather scenario 3

3. While navigating or browsing the map/settings on the device and it reboots and loads back to the map menu.

But looping just happens when MyDrive sync is activated on the device. As soon as I disconnect MyDrive sync in the device there is NO reboot anymore.

see:

and:

Greets

OK, Got a reply from Support saying do a full factory reset (through settings), this appears to have worked as my 5200 is now usable while logged on and synching. It did successfully download My Places OK again. Bit of a pain setting everything up again but it looks like I am good to go.

Have recently done a full factory reset on my 620 for other reasons, and no improvement for this problem noted. I suspect Support recommends this whenever they have no other ideas.

Will be curious to see if it resolves the problem for anyone else.

For my GO premium X, soft reset (from settings) solved all the problems. I have a friend who also has a premium GO, he was able to update it without worries without needing a reset. Really strange all these differences in behavior for similar devices.

DON'T DO THIS RIGHT BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS

So I did the in device reset in the menu and am busted now, as I can't login to MyDrive again as it says "Oops not possible at the moment" (cellular and wifi) all the time.

oh and tomtom.com says account disabled for security reasons. great.

---
Update: after another mail to support (or after some time waiting) - the account is unlocked again and after login in on device it seems the device does not have the problem of reboot loop anymore.

Last edited:
Recharge the GPS on a mains charger.
Press the on/off button until you hear the sound of the tamtam and the device restarts.

Recharge the GPS on a mains charger.
Press the on/off button until you hear the sound of the tamtam and the device restarts.
Yes, that's what we call a 'soft' reset. But be sure to RELEASE the button when you hear the drums! If you keep holding it, you will accidentally go to a white on black diagnostic screen as you see below!

1671041123755.png

So it seems my device is working again although I rather would have solved it without reset.

That's what support wrote me, perhaps it helps others:

Dear TomTom Customer
Thank you for your response, this is TomTom Customer Support. I understand that the device reboots while navigating or browsing the map/settings on the device and loads back to the Map Menu. That must be inconvenient.

In order to resolve the issue, please follow the below-mentioned steps: Please perform a Soft Reset by referring to the steps in the below mentioned link:https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device

Please perform a Factory Reset by referring to the steps in the below mentioned video:

Most of the rebooting/crashing may be caused by MyDrive sync, then please try to log in and test with another email account. This is to confirm if the rebooting is caused by the current email account that is logged in.

You can also perform a Recover on the device if the issue persists, by following the steps in the below mentioned link:
Lot of our customers were able to resolve the issue, by following the above-mentioned steps.

In case if the issue is not resolved, then we need to following information to escalate: A short video of the issue (very important)Serial Number of the deviceNavcore version of the deviceExact scenario when the device reboots (browsing the map/zooming in/searching for an address). I wish you a nice day and if you have further concerns or queries, you are welcome to contact me or one of my colleagues - we are happy to help!

So it seems my device is working again although I rather would have solved it without reset.

That's what support wrote me, perhaps it helps others:
So was it necessary to perform only the Factory Reset, or was it also necessary to perform the Recovery to get things working again?

I don't know what "recovery" means in tomtom way.
After reset I had to choose language, wifi... again and then had to reconfigure menus and sidebar...
Updates where not reset and also map was still the newest.
And I had to reenter MyDrive account and so all MyPlaces and ov2 files where synced again onto the device.
So some stuff to do but not too much time wasted (had there not been that account lock)

I don't know what "recovery" means in tomtom way.
After reset I had to choose language, wifi... again and then had to reconfigure menus and sidebar...
Updates where not reset and also map was still the newest.
And I had to reenter MyDrive account and so all MyPlaces and ov2 files where synced again onto the device.
So some stuff to do but not too much time wasted (had there not been that account lock)
"Reset" is the 1st procedure in the two videos that you included in your post.
"Recovery" is the 2nd procedure included in your post.
The "Recovery" procedure is much more severe, and reloads the firmware for the device from the server at TomTom.

Having to choose language/WiFi etc is required after both the Reset and Recovery procedures.

So I guess I should ask this way: You posted two TomTom procedure videos. Which one - or both - did you need to use? First and/or second?

I did the full factory reset from "Settings", it re-booted itself, then followed through the set-up menu that sprang up automatically (language, wi-fi, etc), that included your log-on e-mail/password. It then seemed to download all My Places OK and was then working fine without needing another manual (the 10 secs) re-boot. Obviously then had to go through all the palaver of putting menu settings back to your preferences, etc.

I did the full factory reset from "Settings", it re-booted itself, then followed through the set-up menu that sprang up automatically (language, wi-fi, etc), that included your log-on e-mail/password. It then seemed to download all My Places OK and was then working fine without needing another manual (the 10 secs) re-boot. Obviously then had to go through all the palaver of putting menu settings back to your preferences, etc.
Yes, it would be REALLY nice if they would set up their cloud system or MyDrive Connect itself to accept, validate, and retrieve the user's device settings so that after a factory reset, one didn't have to go through so much reconfiguring.

Ask a Question