version 2 w/ sd card slot

I'm supprised there is no support for map share but I paid more for this model due to SDcard expansion.
it doesn't make sense ; anyone have any clue?

I'm supprised there is no support for map share but I paid more for this model due to SDcard expansion.

You mention version 2, so I assume you are using a ONE device. As long as you have version 7 of the firmware, map share is supported. To use it, you need at least a map version 6.75.

I think TomTom introduced the cardless ONE to push it even farther down in the market, targeted at those who never intend to leave their home area. They figure that those of us who plan to travel to distant places can probably afford a more upscale model anyway.

Map share--big deal! It's always been possible to go directly to the Teleatlas site http://mapfeedback.teleatlas.com/index.htm and tell them about an error in a map.

Mine is version with pre-loaded Usa & canada map with SD expansion lot.
I have updated the device to read firmware 7.1 but the map still is 665.xxx
some people is able to get map version 675. I have home version 2.1

Rachel, the model you bought is being sold off at clearout prices. TomTom is replacing this with the '3rd Version' (or whatever) which has no SD slot. As another poster suggested, this is a 'stripped' version of what you bought in order to create a low-end model. This will force those who want the expandibility of the SD slot to have to purchase more expensive models.

So believe me, you are far better off with the SD slot as you can bypass the built-in 1 gb memory if you need to. Yes, your maps are older and are not compatible with Mapshare, but I don't think any One users are getting updates sent to them anyway as of yet. And I have seen elsewhere that this may not be a free service!

Enjoy your TomTom and sometime in the future, you will be able to purchase the newer maps (if you find your v6.65 maps inadequate).

Rachel, the model you bought is being sold off at clearout prices. TomTom is replacing this with the '3rd Version' (or whatever) which has no SD slot. As another poster suggested, this is a 'stripped' version of what you bought in order to create a low-end model. This will force those who want the expandibility of the SD slot to have to purchase more expensive models.

So believe me, you are far better off with the SD slot as you can bypass the built-in 1 gb memory if you need to. Yes, your maps are older and are not compatible with Mapshare, but I don't think any One users are getting updates sent to them anyway as of yet. And I have seen elsewhere that this may not be a free service!

Enjoy your TomTom and sometime in the future, you will be able to purchase the newer maps (if you find your v6.65 maps inadequate).

seriously, other than purchasing the map from tom tom. Is there anywhere I can get map 6.75. Is it true I have delete the old map to use map on SD card?

Try contacting TT Support
1 866 486 6866 (available 8:30AM to 7:00PM EST Mon - Fri and 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST Saturdays)
Explain what happened and they should help you out.

Ask a Question