Ver 8.301 / 825 NA Map update issue...sorta.??

TomTom Model(s)
Go720 (3rd unit...2 stolen)
I recently downloaded the Latest NA map. Seeing as it was 1.7Gb, I decided to DL to my SD card which had plenty of room. Once DL'd I cut the previous version from "device" and saved it as "OLD N_America" in a folder on my laptop. I then took the new map and C/P to the position the old map had on "device".

The map works but of course none of the setting were there from previous map. Now is this a config file issue..?? And can I take the settings from my old NA maps and write them or just replace the cfg file to gain them back.?

I also noticed (I left a copy of the new map on my SD crd). When i plug the SD card in, I get all my settings back...?? setting such as home, car symbol, special POI etc. strange..?

Some explantion if in fact one is needed would be kewl..!

Thank you,

stk

Me too! Install of new App and NA map hosed all my settings. I bought the map subscription too. Do I now have to re-config everything each quarter now when they issue new maps?

Custom settings are found in the mapsettings.cfg file which is located in the specific map folder. It used to be that a user just had to copy this file from a back up to the new map and the user was good to go.

With application 8.3, it isn't that easy, it seems, since if you copy the old file and boot up, the application blows away the old setting file and recreates a new one.

One workaround, I think, is use Explorer to copy old file to new map while unit is connected to computer. Start Home. Navigate to Manage Favourites. (using the emulator) Delete just one favourite. And that seems to make the configuration data 'stick' when you next boot up.

It appears Home is now broken too. I says my 930T is not compatible with text-to-speech, photos, mp3s, photos, stratup and shutdown screens, etc.

I doubt it as Home updated itself. I wish TT would ditch Home. It is much easier to drag stuff back and forth in Windows Explorer.

But new maps MUST be installed using Home. That is the only legitimate way to do so.

Ask a Question