Vehicle Speed

I've got an old VW camper, my max speed on a motorway is around 55mph; I guess the tomtom is expecting 65mph? Is there any way I can tell my tomtom that I drive a car which is slow as this obviously affects eta planning.

Thanks!

You don't mention what model, what application and what map you have. This information is relevant as to what you can accomplish.

But, if you have a model and map that has IQ routing, then you can disable IQ routing in planning preferences and while there, do not select 'fastest' route for the planning.

You may wish to select 'avoid higheways'

Thanks, I found the limited speed option; does this mean I cannot choose limited speed AND avoid motorways?

It is possible to use Speed Limited for route planning and then remove any sections from the route that are Motorways, although its not exactly quick:

1/ Plan your route using Speed Limited.
2/ Tap Find Alternate/ Avoid part of route
3/ Scroll through the list of roads within your route and tap the first part of motorway you find.
4/ Repeat step 3 until all the sections of Motorway have been removed

You now have a speed limited route that won't take you on the Motorway, I just tried this with a route from Blackpool to Wigan and it took 5 iterations of step 3 before I got it sorted out, longer routes would take considerable time to remove each of the Motorway sections. Depending upon which XL you have you might also have an option for itinerary planning, through careful use you can plan a route the device will then follow, not all XL devices have itinerary planning functions though - Mike

Ask a Question