v7.541 out for Rider 2

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Good [insert time of day here] people!

I just saw that Tomtom released V7.541 for Rider 2.
The big difference is that Tripmaster is working again! Oh Joy!

Cool, just did the update from 7.540

You can now "Operate my Rider2" on your puter using HOME 2.3

I have been awaiting that feature, as it worked for the 667 and 675 map, but not the 715 map that I currently have installed.

Will check it out and report back.

Cheers!

Last edited:
When you follow the link in Home to find what is new in this release 7.541 is not listed.

I updated this morning, although I was still able to "operate my rider" with the prior version and Home 2.3?

I don't see too many changes. They give you some "canned" car/bike/scooter directional pointers, but other than that, I've not seen anything mindbogglingly" new...

The only diff I can see is that the emulator for using "Operate my Rider2" is now included and operational.

Yes, if you go to the link that shows what has changed, it doesnt even list the 7.541.

TT was aware that for some, the emulator worked, but for most it did not. This was only if using 7.15 and higher maps according to TT support.

At any rate, I am happy with the change, as I can now preplan on my puter using HOME.

I guess because there was nothing earth shatteringly new, the only added a 1 to the end of the 7.540.

Cheers!

The only diff I can see is that the emulator for using "Operate my Rider2" is now included and operational.

Yes, if you go to the link that shows what has changed, it doesnt even list the 7.541.

TT was aware that for some, the emulator worked, but for most it did not. This was only if using 7.15 and higher maps according to TT support.

At any rate, I am happy with the change, as I can now preplan on my puter using HOME.

I guess because there was nothing earth shatteringly new, the only added a 1 to the end of the 7.540.

Cheers!

Still unable to use my TT2 using HOME.

When you connected your device to the puter, and opened HOME (2.3), did it not do an auto update?

On the list it should show the updated application version, along with any mapshare updates, then click on download or update.

Cheers!

Yes it updated but of course it didn't help with my problem. According to TT it's the version of home that I have which cause the problem.

When you connected your device to the puter, and opened HOME (2.3), did it not do an auto update?

On the list it should show the updated application version, along with any mapshare updates, then click on download or update.

Cheers!

Whatever that 0.001 was, it worked for me too!
Now I see the TrimMaster icon and it (almost) work 100%, I still get some scrambled screen here and there, but all in all, I'm happy.
Ciao!

I've updated to map V7.541 & home V2.4 but Operate my Rider still not working! :(
What does the pin reset do - set everything back to factory default? It won't affect the SD card info in any way will it?
Pete :D

To reset your TomTom device, do the following:

Charge your TomTom
Charge your device for at least 2 hours before trying to turn it on again.

Remove the SD card

Reset your device
Use a straightened paper clip, or something similar, to push the reset button for 15 seconds.

Turn your device on
Press the On/off button for at least 5 seconds.

Insert the SD card
If your device uses an SD card, insert the SD card.

If you leave the SD card in, it will reset to factory default. ( I have never had that happen, even with the card in)

The reset hole is right beside the SD card slot. You should feel a very slight click when you push the pin in.

You state your map is 7.451, that is actually the application file for the operation of the device. Your map version will be a different number.

Cheers!

Ask a Question