v3 Custom Alerts

I just got a TomTom One V3 and I have customer POI's installed on it but have yet to be able to figure out the custom POI alerts. Am I able to use them with the V3 or not? I have unzipped the files and copied them into the map folder like I did the custom POI's

Last edited:
I just got a TomTom One V3 and I have customer POI's installed on it but have yet to be able to figure out the custom POI alerts. Am I able to use them with the V3 or not? I have unzipped the files and copied them into the map folder like I did the custom POI's

Several things to ask:
1) Is the audio file of type *.ogg?
2) Is the *.ogg filename the same as the *.ov2 file?
3) Did you ENABLE the alert for the POI like you would any other POI?:
These instructions are found under the "Points of Interests" chapter of the Owner's manual...The specific subtopic is "How can I set warnings for POIs?

Download the owner's manual HERE: TomTom Manual

Please let me know if you are still experiencing problems...

Last edited:
Thanks for the help.

1. Yes the files are .ogg files that I got off of here
2. It is named the same as the .ov2 file
When I go in to pick the alert for the POI all I see are the factory options the beep, bells, etc. . . . I don't see the custom alerts listed at all. Should i be seeing the alert in the same place? I tried going by the tutorial that was given but still was unable to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the help.

1. Yes the files are .ogg files that I got off of here
2. It is named the same as the .ov2 file
When I go in to pick the alert for the POI all I see are the factory options the beep, bells, etc. . . . I don't see the custom alerts listed at all. Should i be seeing the alert in the same place? I tried going by the tutorial that was given but still was unable to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You actually will not see the alert show up in the default list of alerts...that isn't how this works.

Reading my instructions below, when you follow the user manual's directions to select the POI for the alert, instead of getting a list of sounds to select, the TomTom will simply jump to the question "Is This The Sound You Want To Select?" -- You simply click YES

>>> Custom POI Alert Sound <<<

The fact that you are seeing a list at all when you select the custom POI makes me wonder if the name of the filename is EXACTLY the same as the POI name

Ask a Question