UTStarcom / Audiovox PPC 6700 Smart Phone Compatibilities

TomTom Model(s)
GO 510
Hello,

Can someone tell me if TomTom G0 x10 will be supporting the UTStarcom PPC 6700 smart phone for all features?

The phone connects no problem for wireless hands free use, along with wireless data to access Plus services but the address book and text messages are not functional.

The PPC 6700 is a rapidly popular growing phone and would be an asset for TomTom to be compatible with this as Smart Phones increase.

Interesting... I have a 6700 and my phone book transfered over just fine, however I'm having difficulty getting it to utilize my EVDO/data connection. It was seamoless for the phonebook transfer. It asked and I said ok.

Hello,

I was able to get the handsfree, address book, and data connection to work with the 6700. Had to setup the data conection manually to dial #777 (Sprint) to work but not a major problem. I am still unable to setup the text messaging. Has any ony been able to get this working. Is there any way to customize settings for messaging? Does any one know what service the tomtom looks for to receive messages?
Thanks

You 'might' receive text messages but not send them. Try to have a friend send you a test text message while your phone is connected to your TomTom.

Ive been unable to get my PPC 6600 to connect for hand-free, but have been able to get it to work with PLUS through my EVDO. Can anyone help with the hand-free part??

If you can use the Plus, then I assume to pair with your bluetooth is no problem. Which TomTom do you have and what is the version of the firmwire you're running?

Nevermind. deleted the phone from TT, then I had to setup the connection on my phone first to the TT....Then setup the connection on my TT. Now it works!

Thanks for the help

Andrew

Last edited:

Ask a Question