Utility to assist Offroad Navigator

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
I have written a program to generate the bitmap files required by Offroad Navigator. :cool: It's pretty rough at the moment, but works perfectly well for my purposes. Hopefully people will find it useful (or have I reinvented the wheel?)

Purpose

Program to convert a single map image file to a number of smaller files suitable for the "Offroad Navigator" plug-in for Tom Tom.

The Offroad Navigator plug-in was written by roussillat, and can be found at http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/offroad.php?lang=uk.

Operation

1. Load the image using File|Open. It will accept any image file format that Windows understands.

2. Calibrate the image by entering Long/Lat data for each of the 4 corners of the map. If the image file has an associated OziExplorer map file, it will automatically open that file and extract the calibration data.

3. Using "Options", ensure you have selected the correct target Tom Tom model.

4. Using "File|Export", produce a series of bitmap files, and a config.txt file, that is compatible with Offroad. These files will be created in the /Offroad/ folder where the source image is located.

5. Copy these files to the /offorad/maps folder on your Tom Tom.

http://users.tpg.com.au/mhillman/FileSplitter/index.htm

Be gentle with me. It's the first VB program I've ever written.:eek:

Last edited:
Apologies to anyone who may have tried to use this. Not only is it my first VB app, it's the first time I've had to build an install package, and I got it wrong. All fixed now I think.

edit - all fixed now (fingers crossed)

Last edited:
Apologies to anyone who may have tried to use this. Not only is it my first VB app, it's the first time I've had to build an install package, and I got it wrong. All fixed now I think.

edit - all fixed now (fingers crossed)

I tried to use this program, thu setup. Doesn't work.
What am I doing wrong?!?!?!?!

You may not be doing anything wrong. I'm still working out how "Publish" works in VB.NET. It installs OK on my machine (but then it would, wouldn't it). Give me some symptoms if it happens again (new version uploaded).

New version has Calibration! Just pick two points on the map, enter Long/Lat for each, and presto, it's done. Program still needs 'user proofing' but is usable as is.

Last edited:

Ask a Question