Using Tripmaster with V3 TomTom One

Hi there

I've just recently passed my driving test at the tender age of 52 and thought a TomTom would be a good idea - which it is, I love it!

I've realised how very easy it is to speed though and I don't want to as in the UK I'd lose my licence very easily for this. I had thought the TomTom gave an audible warning when you went over limit but it doesn't. I read about TripMaster which sounded like a solution but it says it only works with V1 and V2. I tried installing it anyway but the whole thing froze up and I had to delete it.

I've read something about the Beta version working but the installation instructions are a bit ambiguous. I don't mind ploughing through it but wanted to ask, has anyone else successfully used Tripmaster with a V3 TomTom One? And secondly does it give an audible warning when you go over the speed limit?

Many thanks

Hi there

I've just recently passed my driving test at the tender age of 52 and thought a TomTom would be a good idea - which it is, I love it!

I've realised how very easy it is to speed though and I don't want to as in the UK I'd lose my licence very easily for this. I had thought the TomTom gave an audible warning when you went over limit but it doesn't. I read about TripMaster which sounded like a solution but it says it only works with V1 and V2. I tried installing it anyway but the whole thing froze up and I had to delete it.

I've read something about the Beta version working but the installation instructions are a bit ambiguous. I don't mind ploughing through it but wanted to ask, has anyone else successfully used Tripmaster with a V3 TomTom One? And secondly does it give an audible warning when you go over the speed limit?

Many thanks

Tripmaster does work on a 3rd Edition, but is really overkill and a lot of overhead if all you want is a speed limit warning program.

There is a program called "AutoFlash" located on a French site called TomTomHeaven.com that alerts you when you go over a certain speed.:
>>> AutoFlash <<<

Here is a translation of that page:
AutoFlash 2.0

AUTHOR: GILLES

Following discussions about it in the forum, AutoFlash released in version 2.0 with the ability to change the speed limit along the way.

Attention, please remember that the main thing is the conduct and safety, yours and those of others, before playing with your GPS.

The change in the speed limit can be done through icons in the menu TomTom or in the launcher nanoX. By default, as the number of entries in the menu TomTom is limited to 10 and not destroy your nanoX configuration, the new feature is not enabled. Consult the documentation file provided to activate this improvement.

By studying the various component AutoFlash files, it's easy to create your own speed limits if necessary.

So for the moment, made good use of it.

All you need to do is unzip the files and copy all the files and folders to the root folder of your TomTom.

Here is a translation of the Intructions that are in the *.zip file:
AutoFlash version 2.0
(C) G. Costa in July 2007 for TomTomHeaven

This new version allows you to change the speed limit underway
Use.

Caution: this should be treated with caution so as not to create
Situation Dangerous riding!

Installation:
-- In the /SdkRegistry folder, there are several files. Each one adds a discrete speed icon to your TomTom menu. For example, for over 50km/hr, you'll see the following files:
af50.bmp
af50.cap
af50.cap_x

You only need those files that match the speed you want to report and you can only have a total of 10 *.cap files in your /SdkRegistry folder.

I believe the af50.cap_x should be renamed to something like af50.cap_1 or af50.cap_2 to foce the order it appears in the TomTom Menu. For example:
af30.cap_1
af50.cap_2
af70.cap_3

That will place the icons in the order "af30" "af50" "af70"

TomTom in the menu: in the order of increasing speed, rename
Files "." To "cap_x. Cap" in the SDKregistry folder.
Attention there can be a maximum of 10 files.

Autoflash v0.0
(C) G. Costa TomTomHeaven for April 2007

This program checks at regular intervals your speed. If it
Exceeds a certain value a sound is emitted for you know.
INSTALLATION
1) Copy all files in the root of the sd-card.
Add the following line to the cleanup.txt file in the root of the sd-card (create it If it does not exist yet)
Daemon | gcbin / startautoflash |

CONFIGURATION
In the /gcbin folder there is an editable file named autoflash.conf
Edit this file with Wordpad or Notepad.
Order:

Speed = 135
Sleep = 20
OggFile = / mnt / sdcard / gcbin / alarme.ogg
Queue = 0
Debug = 0

The first parameter indicates the speed alert, the second interval
Time between checks. The third is the name of the file to
Play in the event of an overrun, I strongly urge you to pick one
More audible. The fourth may argue 0 or 1, if it is 1 sound is made
Waiting in the case or the TomTom already emits a sound and is played
Underneath. The last if it is set to 1 included information
Debugging in the file gcbin / autoflash.log.

REMOVING
Delete row cleanup.txt file, and the autoflash file
In gcbin.

Last edited:
Hi there

Many thanks

My Tomtom one V3 does alert me when going over a programmed speed. Not sure if yours is different or not.

the tomtom 3rd edition go to main 1 of 2 tap change preferences you see
safety preferences tap that you see
warn when driving faster than allowed
warn when driving faster than a set speed
hope this helps

Ask a Question