Using Tripmaster with Navcore 9x

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340?S
I am also now pretty sure that TomTom HOME is responsible for corrupting my filesystem. I had another crash updating the latest QuickGPSFix data which was only 60K (and still HOME hung and crashed on copying to the device). It also would crash on the same file again and again. Chkdsk revealed another file with a invalid first allocation unit on one of the files in the .\ephem directory which I found (again via the forums!) to be the QuickGPSFix folder. After I corrected it with chkdsk, like the LMG had disappeared on me as I described above, HOME would not offer the QuickGPSFix to me again as an update. I resolved this issue by deleting the device's directory and recopying .\ephem from my backup. I was then able to get HOME to offer the update again afterwards and the second update attempt was successful.

So I have to say that I am still way leery of TomTom HOME-- there definitely seems to be some issues with Vista there and I would not agree that the latest navcore sped up usb transfer any based on my experiences, but I am liking my TomTom more and more now that I have my Explorer backups for piece of mind and I learn how to tweak it.

Does anyone have any experience with installing Tripmaster and Offroad on a XL 340?S running navcore 9.025? My mom's Nuvi has this functionality built in to it and I want this for my TomTom. It seems like a fairly new topic for XL 340?S/9.025 and I haven't found much in searching this one, but if I am reading correctly they should both work with the Amacri hook application. Once I get that done, then I am thinking of trying to convert a USGS topo map using ttmaps for use with Offroad...

Have moved your post to 3rd party forum since you veered into that area at the end of your post ... more visibility here.

Tripmaster v3.0 now works with v9.x version, if you install the hook plugin. Offroad 3.0 will be delivered in the next coming days and will also work with v9.x.

Very cool guys -- thanks! I've now loaded both Tripmaster v3.0 and Offroad v2.2. No issues with Tripmaster but when I go into setup on Offroad it flashes back and forth between TomTom navigation and itself. I'm guessing Offroad v3.0 will fix this sort of issue. Otherwise the program seems to display fine.

With regards to ttmaps-- do either of you (or anyone else) know anything about it? I stumbled on it and thought I needed it to display topographic maps to use with Offroad but it seems like raster overlays are already a builtin TomTom option so I am not sure know if I even need it or what else it really does.

I first came across mention of ttmaps when following this thread I found while looking for information on using my new TomTom for geocaching. Unfortunately it doesn't seem relevant to my model as according to the TomTom wiki page the XL IQ Routes Edition doesn't have a SiRFstarIII but a Global Locate 2 BCM4750. I am not sure if there is equivalent "Static navigation" feature on the Broadcom chip or not, so this may not even be an issue...

Ask a Question