Using Rider Pro in car

TomTom Model(s)
Rider Pro
Hi
Thought I would get the most use out of my Rider Pro by getting the in-car holder for it. The map navigation part of it works fine.
The problem is, I can't seem to be able to buy a compatible bluetooth headset/earpiece for it, to enable me to use my phone hands-free in the car.
All TomTom support can say is that the Scala headset (which is built into my helmet) will work.
Yes, it will, if I wear my crash helmet in the car!
Anyone any ideas?

Last edited:
I can't come up with any specific alternatives, but I know you need to be careful about what Bluetooth 'protocols' your earpiece is capable of.

On 'normal' in-car TomToms the hands-free BT feature to pair your phone is completely different from the A2DP protocol used for hearing navigation instructions or music over BT.

Sorry that's not a lot of help if the Rider works differently.

Yes Andy, I have the car mounting kit. It has a speaker and runs the navigational part of the Rider Pro brilliantly. But when using it on the bike, I can take phone calls while on the move without doing anything, the calls get answered automatically and end with just one touch on the Rider Pro screen. All my phone contacts are in the Rider Pro and can be accessed (when parked) and telephoned while still wearing my helmet. I wanted the same feature, but in the car - and without wearing the helmet!
dhn - will look up iO-play, thanks.

dhn - had a look at iO-play and although it looks a good piece of kit, it's not what I wanted.
Looks like the Rider Pro, in the car, will be just a navigational aid and I will have to buy a bluetooth earpiece to enable handsfree phone operation.
It was just a thought - two birds, one stone, sort of thing. :D

Ask a Question