Using RDS Cable with Go Live 1535M

TomTom Model(s)
Go 630
I'm looking to purchase a Go Live 1535M with HD Traffic. Should I decide to *not* renew the live services after my free year is up, am I able to continue to use traffic services by connecting a RDS-TMC cable? I realize it won't be the HD traffic if this works.

Also I'm wondering what my options are for recieving Traffic information while travelling in the USA (I'm in Canada and would be purchasing a Canadian 1535M Go Live)

The LIVE services will NOT work in the States as the sim cards (Rogers network in Canada, AT&T in the States are not compatible).

Yes, a rds-tmc antenna should work if you get the proper combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger.

That said, since the connector on the 1535 is a micro connector and most combo antennas have mini usb connectors, I'm not sure that even if you found a mini to micro usb converter to interface between the unit and the combo antenna/car charger that it would work. I've seen a few who have tried it saying it did not, I haven't seen any that say they have gotten it to work.

So check with TomTom directly (CS is 866-486-6866) and get somebody who will give a guarantee the setup will work before you make the purchase.

If you are buying specific for the traffic feature, please phone a tomtom rep and make sure its ready in your area. As far as i know its only avail out east like toronto and such. I know forsure it does not work in Edmonton, Alberta. The LIVE unit is the same. Until the service rolls out over here, neither will work for traffic.

How i know this? cause i tried out both units for a week and deliberately drove through accidents and even a heavy rain storm with ZERO warnings on either.

EDIT: Vancouver apparently does work with the traffic!
http://totaltraffic.com/CoverageAreas/

Cant wait till it comes to edmonton!!

Live traffic and other services should have worked in Edmonton as well. But the accuracy is NOT 100%.

Just checked the website and saw 2 accidents! Why is my GPS not picking up the radio station? Anyone know what it is and how to enter it into the gps?

I thought we had that all straightened out the last time???

Live (available on the GO1535) works in just about all the medium and larger cities in Canada.
RDS (available on the GO1535 and VIA1535) only works in the four largest eastern cities.

Did I get that right, dhn?

Close. Three eastern cities (Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal) and one western city (Vancouver).

Ask a Question