Using ipod and rds at the same time.

TomTom Model(s)
Go 930 T
Hello list!
I have a 930 T with the newer RDS-TMC Reciever (with usb connector).
Can i use the ipod controll cable and the reciever at the same time?
I read somewhere that i couldnt use them both at the same time as they used the same port.

Yes you can use the RDS-TMC in the mini USB port and the iPOD cable in the other, will work fine - Mike

Hello Mike,
What abut those units whose RDS uses the same input as the ipod cable? Is there a workaround?

If its an x20 or x30 device then you can use the mini USB style RDS-TMC receiver and the iPOD cable as they use different connection points.

If its an x40 device then you need the accessory mount which offers the seperate Mini USB connection and the iPOD connection.

If its an x10 device there is no hope as you can only use RDS-TMC or the iPOD as they both use the same socket, this means only one accessory can be plugged in at any one time.

If its one of the newer One devices they can only use the Mini USB style receiver and there is no iPOD connectivity/ functionality anyway - Mike

I have a 930 T but my traffic module uses the same connection as the ipod and does not have a usb type plug.

The only option available to you is purchase the newer Mini USB RDS-TMC which will free up the round socket for the iPOD - Mike

Ask a Question