using earphones with xl classic

i have recently bought a tomtom xl classic
i wish to use it on my bike as well as in the car no way could i afford thee 350 notes for the tt rider
was wondering if i could use a mini usb to 3.5mm adaptor to connect earphones to the unit
Audio Adapter - Enhanced Mini USB
i have heard rumours on the net that it would work but am sceptical
thanks in advance for any advice

Welcome to the forum, the mini USB splitter for use with earphones is only for use with HTC based mobile phones AFAIK.
I do know it won't work with a TomTom of any model number, if you need an audio output socket you could change to one of the Go devices or if you fancy a spot of DIY fit your own socket to the base of the TomTom, its not difficult but does involve the use of a soldering iron - Mike

thanks for the reply
gutted the adaptor will not work,:(
have only just bought the tomtom xl so buying a tomtom go is not an option as i am skint
not technically minded enough to fit a headphone socket as i am hopeless with a soldering iron
looks like i will have to rely on glancing at the device when i use it on the bike,it is mounted right beside my rev counter so should be ok
thanks again

Ask a Question