Using a regular SD card

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Is it not possible to stick a regular (SanDisk 2GB) into a TTR2 and then hit "restore backup" on the TT Home in order to have spare disc?

I tried it and it doesnt seem to work.

Any tips? or is it not possible?

Cheers

Is it not possible to stick a regular (SanDisk 2GB) into a TTR2 and then hit "restore backup" on the TT Home in order to have spare disc?

I tried it and it doesnt seem to work.

Any tips? or is it not possible?

Cheers

Is it not possible to: a) put the sd card in a card reader and connect to the computer and b) Use Explorer to copy entire contents of (connected) TT unit from unit to card?

Don't even bother with TTHome in the process.

If you don't have a separate card reader, then the card and the unit should be seen by Explorer as two separate storage devices (if the sd card is formatted, of course) and is installed in the unit; again, use Explorer to copy all the files/folders from the unit to the sd card.

btw, while TTHome backups are usually as reliable as Explorer backups, Explorer backups are never LESS reliable than TTHome backups :D

Actually, it does work. I contacted TT support via the web site, and lo and behold they answered me within 15 minutes.

Because I had my map saved on the puter, I just opened up TT HOME, clicked on the map and "install", while I had the new SD card in my TTR2.

I had to go through the process of activation, which wasnt a big deal.

The reason I am doing this, is that TT had to replace my TTR2 on warranty. They wanted my SD card as well. When I recieved my new device, they didnt send me a card back. I contacted them, and they are sending me a new card pronto.

Cheers

Ask a Question