Using a cell phone home charger with the ONE

Hi all I tried to search the forums but couldn't find a topic specifically about this. I have a Motorola Razr phone that uses a mini-usb home charger. Since the TomTom ONE has a mini-usb connector I was hoping I could safely use the phone charger with it.

Does anyone know if all mini-usb chargers are made the same? Would it be safe to use? I'm pretty cautious when it comes to batteries in devices that can't be replaced easily.. so any info would be helpful. Thanks!

using razr charger with the one

Hi all I tried to search the forums but couldn't find a topic specifically about this. I have a Motorola Razr phone that uses a mini-usb home charger. Since the TomTom ONE has a mini-usb connector I was hoping I could safely use the phone charger with it.

Does anyone know if all mini-usb chargers are made the same? Would it be safe to use? I'm pretty cautious when it comes to batteries in devices that can't be replaced easily.. so any info would be helpful. Thanks!

The answer is yes it will work, in fact all mini usb's use a 5v 2a circuit, i work for tomtom and i have a razr as well, dont tell them if you call for repairs because it would void the warranty.-a certified tomtom technician

I used the phone charger on my TomTom during a recent trip.. and for some reason after ~6 hours of charging it didn't show a full charge when I unplugged it. Might have been just a fluke.

I ended up using the inlcuded car charger for the rest of the trip just to be sure it would show a full charge.

Do people end up having to keep their TomTom constantly charging due to the battery not being able to keep its charge? That's the only thing I don't like about internal batteries that can't be easily replaced...

I used the phone charger on my TomTom during a recent trip.. and for some reason after ~6 hours of charging it didn't show a full charge when I unplugged it. Might have been just a fluke.

I ended up using the inlcuded car charger for the rest of the trip just to be sure it would show a full charge.

Do people end up having to keep their TomTom constantly charging due to the battery not being able to keep its charge? That's the only thing I don't like about internal batteries that can't be easily replaced...

It really depends on how you regular you use the device. Personally, I always have it plugged in to my computer or my car/phone charger whenever I can.

Ask a Question