Use TT Home with 2 devices?

I have a TT 1535TM and now my wife wants the same one. Can I connect to Home for updates with both devices? I have my account set up already.

First of all, you don't use Home with that device, you use MyTomTom (get it at tomtom.com/getstarted)

Make sure you use SEPARATE email address for each unit when you log into MyTomTom.

@sneakersteve
When (not if!) you take dhn's advice on using 2 email addresses, you'll discover that once attached and logged in for one device, swapping devices will cause MyTomTom to ask you to log in with the correct credentials (email and password) for the newly attached unit. This is because subscriptions, pending updates, etc., that are displayed when the unit is connected can be different for each unit. So don't be surprised when that happens each time you swap units.

"Home" was clever enough to store your login details for each device on the device, so it could log you in automatically.

MyTomTom can't do that, unfortunately.

(Well, stone me... I never thought I'd write "clever and "Home" in the same sentence!)

Ask a Question