Use one TT device with 2 different profiles?

TomTom Model(s)
Carminat LIVE
Hi all,

I've had a TT account for quite a long time and used it with no problems for purchases of maps, speed radars etc. (but NOT LIVE services).

I'm located in Poland and here for unknown reasons one cannot buy LIVE subscription even though LIVE coverage is present and works with no problems (I tested in in the test period right after my car purchase). The TT support offers you to purchase any product with similar price and then have it switched to LIVE services which is completely ridiculous.

Since I would like to start using LIVE services I've begun testing the purchasing options. When tried to buy it with my regular TT account (with Poland as registered country) I was getting the "famous" 236 payment error. So I used a trick described in many forums. I created a second TT account and selected Germany as my home country. And then - boom! - I've made LIVE services purchase with no problem using this second account.

However, now I have an active map subscription on my old TT account and active LIVE subscription on my new TT account. And here's the question - will my device work with two accounts? I'm planning to update the maps on my PC being logged on my old TT account and use LIVE services with my new TT account details given in my Carminat device in my car. Do you know whether such trick is possible?

I can't test it as today somehow I can't connect to live services (it happens occasionally in Poland) - so I'm placing the question here.

I'm also confused to which TT account my device is now linked to. When I switched the account in TT HOME it asked me whether I want to link this new account to my device and I chose "yes". But when I logged back to my old account TT HOME didn't ask me to link it again. Both accounts seem to work with one device, which is a bit strange to me (even though it's convenient). Can one device be linked with two TT accounts?

This would help me so I could use my old TT account to purchase maps and new TT account to purchase LIVE services, at least untill TT finally make possible to buy everything in Poland.

I really think you should call CS and straighten this out. You do NOT want the same device identified with 2 different accounts.

Polska
+48 22 34 91 598

Poniedziałek-Piątek
09:00-16:00

Well, I'd do so, but I don't think TT will like what I did, so I'd rather delay contacting them unless really necessary.

What I need to have is to have all necessary services working which apparently TT can't provide (the problem with LIVE purchase in Poland has been active for years now). No bad will on my side, just a pure desire to have the services operational...

Ask a Question