Use of Memory Card in Go730

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 730
My Go730 has 2gb of internal memory; in addition I have a 2gb memory card in it.

My question is: Does the memory card extend the memory or replace the memory?? For example, can I add photos and song to the memory card and get the Go730 to recognize it while still using it as my GPS?

My Go730 has 2gb of internal memory; in addition I have a 2gb memory card in it.

My question is: Does the memory card extend the memory or replace the memory?? For example, can I add photos and song to the memory card and get the Go730 to recognize it while still using it as my GPS?

Your SD card extends your internal memory. Only ONE models, with a different integrated chipset model, has the SD card replace internal memory.

You can add photos and mp3s and your GO will recognize them if you follow the procedure of naming the folders the way they should, just check in your user manual as to how to name them.

I used Home to add one song and one photo to external memory. Using Windows Explorer, I found them located in folders named "mp3" and "photos".
Using Windows Explorer, I then added two folders with those names on my SD Card. Using Windows Explorer, I then added all the mp3's and photos I wanted to my SD Card.

I found no reference to adding folders with certain names to my SD Card in my version of the User Manual. Is there a better User Manual out there?

I used Home to add one song and one photo to external memory. Using Windows Explorer, I found them located in folders named "mp3" and "photos".
Using Windows Explorer, I then added two folders with those names on my SD Card. Using Windows Explorer, I then added all the mp3's and photos I wanted to my SD Card.

I found no reference to adding folders with certain names to my SD Card in my version of the User Manual. Is there a better User Manual out there?

Sorry can't be of real help on this as my ONE XL-S does not feature multimedia. That said, from what I've read, you seem to have done it right. Did you try it out? If it did not work, I'll leave someone else answer your query...

I think you'll find that forums such as this provide much more information in the long run that would a manual.

Thanks for your help in this. I have tried what I did and it did work.

I agree the forum seems to give a lot more help than the User Manual.

problems uploading images or anything else fm memory cards

I have a photo (I can see it on my computer) on an SD card but my Tom Tom will not recognize it. Help! The manual is virtually silent on the issue, it talks about "initializing" the card and 'backing up', but to no avail, I am lost.

Thanks for any help,

What format is the photo and is it in a folder called 'photos' (all lower case, no quotes)?

Ask a Question