Use Latest Map Guarantee

I have not seen this mentioned yet.....

In TomTom 2.1 check out the newest addition to the FILE MENU.

If you have not seen it yet, you will be pleased. (unless you have verizon DSL or dial up)

I have not seen this mentioned yet.....

In TomTom 2.1 check out the newest addition to the FILE MENU.

If you have not seen it yet, you will be pleased. (unless you have verizon DSL or dial up)
Regarding the TomTom "Latest Map guarantee" - I'm having trouble getting this to complete the download for my TomTom One LE. I have a help request in to TomTom and hoping to get assistance. Their past response has been great. The available updates are for Guam and for USA & Canada. By unchecking the USA & Canada update I was able to download & install the Guam update which validated the process. The problem I'm having with the USA & Canada update (~900MB) is it starts into the download process and after 10%-20% it dies. I presently on Comcast Cable/Internet with a stated 6Mbps "stated" download capability. I would welcome any suggestions. Thanks. clksailor

I'm a while getting back in to this due to a variety of time consuming personal problems but i was able to solve this. Whether a Comcast problem or too much between my PC and modem is not clear. I took out the router and Vonage telephone adapter and went directly from PC to modem. The full file (800-900mb) downloaded in about 20 minutes 1st time. I just now switched from Comcast to Verizon FIOS - the interface is very fast with everything in the loop (even at the 5/2 mbps download/upload rating. Biggest difference is the router as an integral part of the modem. The real test would be to be able to redo the Map download.

Last edited:
I have Comcast Cable too, and after about 12 attempts I couldn't get the updated U.S. maps because it would stall right around 875 to 950 MBs about half of the 1723MBs map. I downloaded it at work, which took 5 hours but it worked. My son told me next time to remove my router from the network to see if it might be messing things up with "lost packets."

Roy

I have Comcast Cable too, and after about 12 attempts I couldn't get the updated U.S. maps because it would stall right around 875 to 950 MBs about half of the 1723MBs map. I downloaded it at work, which took 5 hours but it worked. My son told me next time to remove my router from the network to see if it might be messing things up with "lost packets."

Roy

Not sure that is the issue. It seems **everybody** has slowness issues tring to dl maps from TomTom's servers. Although, I did see one poster saying that trying to dl via wireless was more problematic than via a directly connected computer.

Last edited:
Not sure that is the issue. It seems **everybody** has slowness issues tring to dl maps from TomTom's servers. Although, I did see one poster saying that trying to dl via wireless was more problematic than via a directly connected computer.

All I can offer is that I downloaded the update via my work's wireless connection and had no problems and it downloaded within 3 hours. Maybe its luck.

All I can offer is that I downloaded the update via my work's wireless connection and had no problems and it downloaded within 3 hours. Maybe its luck.

Just reporting what I've read, not tried.;) In any event, 3 hours seems like a decent time -- especially with no problems. Good going......

Interesting... not to brag, but it only took me 20-24min to d/l (Guam and NA)?

I also had problems (initially), took me about 3-5 tries over a period of 2 or so days.. each time it would take about 20-24min, but it would die @ 99% (super annoying!). Finally, the last try also took 24min and it worked fine...

I've been trying to download since last night as well, with it freezing up part of the way through. Guess I'll just keep trying.

For those who may not have solved the problem downloading the USA map update, I posted an update to my original problem from back in December. In it I noted that while the problem may well have been the Comcast connection, by removing everything between the PC and modem (Router, Vonage phone adapter) I was able to download on the 1st try in about 20minutes or so.

Last edited:

Ask a Question