USB traffic compatible with GO 930?

I have a GO 930 and used to have the traffic module that plugged into the round socket in the bottom. Well after several falls from the windows, because of the "sub-par" suction cup, the round port will not work anymore. If I buy one of the new Lifetime USB chargers will it work with the 930?

Thanks,
Andras Vancsa

No, sorry.....that combo is not compatible with the x20 or x30 Go series..........

What do you suggest?

I have talked with Tom Tom and the retailer and they both said that that model has been discontinued and I can not receive service on them. I am seeing a lot of new GPS's that are coming out from Tom Tom, but none of them seem to have the EPT feature that the 930 had. Is it on the new models and just not being mentioned (the ability to lose signal and still have an estimated position with the internal gyroscopes (?)). Please let me know if it is worth waiting for the new models this summer.

Regards,
Andras

The only current model with EPT is the Sony XNV. Problem is, the American versions don't have any traffic at all.

Unlike the accelerometer in the 930, the Sony has a wire that the installer is supposed to attach to the speedometer and break light wires. So it senses EPT vehicle speed by wheel rotation and brakes (as accurate as you can get).

Hopefully Sony will release a XNV LIVE version in the future.

Last edited:
I have a GO 930 and used to have the traffic module that plugged into the round socket in the bottom. Well after several falls from the windows, because of the "sub-par" suction cup, the round port will not work anymore. If I buy one of the new Lifetime USB chargers will it work with the 930?

Thanks,
Andras Vancsa

Had the same problem with my 930, purchased the usb traffic reciver from Maplins in the uk and works far better than the old round plug version

Just to clarify. The lifetime combo traffic/car charger sold in North America is NOT compatible with the x20 or x30 Go model range and is NOT the usb traffic antenna purchased in the UK.

The usb antenna for North America (doesn't work in Europe) will work (if you can find one) but it is not liefetime. Free for a year........

Just to clarify. The lifetime combo traffic/car charger sold in North America is NOT compatible with the x20 or x30 Go model range and is NOT the usb traffic antenna purchased in the UK.

The usb antenna for North America (doesn't work in Europe) will work (if you can find one) but it is not liefetime. Free for a year........

Do you know the part number for the North America USB antenna?

Called TomTom tech support, useless as usual, sigh.

Ask a Question