USB RDS-TMC problem

I?m wondering if anyone has run into something similar to the problem that I?ve got. My RDS-TMC antenna (serial version) stopped being recognized by my GPS last week. That is, when it was plugged in the unit ignored it. I presume that the connection with the antenna wasn?t being made, probably because there was a problem with the cable or connector.

TomTom quickly sent a new antenna but this one is the USB style. When I connect it to the unit, it is recognized. However, all it does now is endlessly search for a traffic signal. I?m using it in the same locations as I did with the old one, so I presume that all is well with the transmission of the signal here (Toronto). Another call to TomTom yielded that there was a problem with the Navcore 8 software. I find this a little fishy as I?ve been using the same version for the last few months and haven?t had a problem.

Anyone have ideas? Is there a problem with Navcore 8 and the USB antenna? Do TomTom need to re-initialize the receiver? I?m guessing it?s not locking onto the proper station because it doesn?t know what station to lock onto or isn?t authorized to lock onto any of them. The original receiver was purchased in April, so I should be good until mid-April 2009. Thanks for any advice.

I?ve got the following: One ? 3rd Edition. Software: 8.010. Map: 7.15

I had read somewhere that n8 firmware killed the rds reception for Canada. Yet, you are saying you WERE using v8 and it was working. Were you always using the usb connection antenna or was your previous one connected by the jack receptacle?

The one that I sent back used the traffic jack and, yes, it was most definitely working with version 8. Maybe it only affects the newer version with the USB connector?

Ask a Question