USB power

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 1005 App12.055.1124410.74 Map Europe 885.4007
Hi,
Running two cars rather than rather than get a second power supply decided to use the usb port in the Hyundai which seems a good idea little knowing the TomTom and car had other ideas.

The problem lies as the car detects the TomTom and vice versa followed by the usual connect to computer message to which I say no. After about 10 minutes get screen message saying shut down in 5secs.

Have tried a variety of power connection and switch on routines to over come this problem. The one that seems to work is to place TomTom in cradle and switch on and wait for it to start up and get happy only then turn the ignition key on, this way I do not get the connect to computer message and all seems to work :)

I use my power supply for my 540 in a Hyundai Tuscon. It appears to function ok in getting the full power from the cable. You describe a symptom where the unit is only receiving partial power (.5A?) so it thinks you are connecting to the computer, not a car ciggy outlet.

My Tuscon only sends power (both the cig outlet and the 2nd power outlet) when the motor is running.......

Thanks for your quick reply and am sorry for my delay in replying.

My car is the same, power is supplied to the sockets after the ignition switch is turned on. In future will remember to get everything running before starting the car.

Thanks

Julian

Ask a Question