USB port..

TomTom Model(s)
TomTomONE
My BlackBerry smartphone has the same charger/USB port as my TomTom Home..can I safely use my BlackBerry mains charger and car charger on my TomTom?

Robin

USB is a 5 volt standard, and I've charged my 720 numerous times using my Blackberry 8830 wall charger. Now, just because two devices share a common USB port style doesn't mean complete compatibility...for example, due to different charging rates (milliamps), your Blackberry device won't charge using the 720's car charger, but your 720 will charge using the Blackberry car charger. (I just tried mine again to be sure).

Technically, there's a lot more to it than that (Have a look...USB), but the two devices you asked about should work.

Let us know if your experience is any different than mine.

USB is a 5 volt standard, and I've charged my 720 numerous times using my Blackberry 8830 wall charger. Now, just because two devices share a common USB port style doesn't mean complete compatibility...for example, due to different charging rates (milliamps), your Blackberry device won't charge using the 720's car charger, but your 720 will charge using the Blackberry car charger. (I just tried mine again to be sure).

Technically, there's a lot more to it than that (Have a look...USB), but the two devices you asked about should work.

Let us know if your experience is any different than mine.

Thanks for that..as my TomTom One's little green light on top of the unit comes on using my BB chargers I take it that it's charging.
Thanks for reply

Robin

Ask a Question