USB Drivers for 910?

The 910's PC docking station doesn't charge the device via the USB cable. A wall charger which plugs to the PC docking station is included in the sales package. TT Home automatically installs the USB driver.

The 910's PC docking station doesn't charge the device via the USB cable. A wall charger which plugs to the PC docking station is included in the sales package. TT Home automatically installs the USB driver.

Yes I know that, but why can't the unit charge via the USB port while it's connecting to TT Home? My other USB devices do.

I think you're missing the point, jksponge. The fact is, the TT docks are not designed to charge the devices. A USB port only provides 500mA of current, and the TomTom devices require much more to charge. This is why TomTom supplies you with the external charger that connects to the dock to charge the device.

Simply put, your USB port doesn't have the juice to charge a TomTom.

Ask a Question